03/08/2022 · Jobs
Deputy Nursery Manager – Room Based
Deputy Nursery Manager – Room Based
Please enquire with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £25,900.00 to £30,000.00 (dependent on experience, skills and qualifications)
Hours: Full time (shift rota: 7.30-4.30 or 8.00-5.00 or 9.00-6.00)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, enthusiastic Deputy Manager, who can work closely within a growing team. You should possess great communication skills, have a calm, approachable nature and be confident and skilled to run the Nursery in the Managers absence.
This position would suit an experienced Nursery Deputy Manager who enjoys working in the room as Room Leader and can run a room effectively alongside additional responsibilities of a Deputy Manager. You will have previously worked in a similar environment caring for children aged between 0 – 5 years and be looking for an exciting career opportunity to support the Manager to further develop the team and Nursery.
The nursery is in two houses making a home from home experience with no more than 40 children attending daily. We will be undergoing a ‘new look’ as we like to update our facilities every few years. Part of your role would be supporting the manager and team during the process. Alongside providing on the job training and mentoring for the team within your room and across the nursery.
We are looking for colleagues who are, dedicated, committed and thrive on educating children. Whilst bringing fresh ideas that will inspire children to reach their developmental goals.
Successful applicants will join a highly motivated team, that offers support and room for personal growth and development.
Blossom Years is a family-run group of nurseries and pre-schools founded in 2002. We are still as passionate and enthusiastic as we were at the start: our aim is to create a ‘culture’ of equality, diversity with kindness to help us / work with as we grow a rewarding and enriching place to work.
As a company our values are:
- We care and value everyone in the team who we work with. Holding regular wellbeing meetings to create the perfect work / life balance
- We offer continued professional development. Free annual training. Career progression opportunities in all of our settings
- Have fun bonding / appreciation events throughout the year to say ‘Thank you’
- Good transport links and parking
- Free uniform
- Free meals at nurseries
We have 5 pre-schools and nurseries in the Bromley and Lewisham Boroughs. We are consistently rated Outstanding and Good from Ofsted.
Our Vision: To create an environment for every child to flourish, access the best quality care and education to reach their full potential
Our Mission: To ensure we deliver exceptional childcare by creating a stimulating, safe, caring environment to enable each child to reach their full potential
What you need to apply:
- Salary negotiable based on qualification and experience
- Must hold a minimum Level 3 in Children’s Care Learning and Development or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years experience in Nursery Deputy Manager Role
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- A team orientated philosophy
- Experienced in training staff
· Have a highly organised and conscientious approach, able to prioritise workloads accordingly
· Be able to work on your own initiative and take ownership of problems
· Customer service experience involving direct contact with parents.
· Proactive, enthusiastic team player
Blossom Years Nurseries and Pre-schools is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS certificate, upon employment and satisfactory references, we will assist in processing this