01/03/2021 · Jobs
Nursery Practioner, Chislehurst or Downham
If you are interested in this role please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Nursery Practitioner to join our teams in Chislehurst or Downham.
- Full time over 51 weeks per year.
- Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Requirements of Childcare Nursery Practitioner:
- Must hold a minimum Level 2 or Level 3 in Children’s Care Learning and Development or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years experience
- Good knowledge of EYFS
Purpose of Post:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting.
- To give support to their staff within the setting.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre,etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. (DBS Check required).